Silver Fern Visa Interview Questions and Answers
Before going through Silver Fern Visa Interview Questions and Answers, you might want to have a look at already published introductory help article on Introduction to Silver Fern Job Search Visa for New Zealand,and also we have seen How to Apply for NZQA – IQA Skill Assessment (Silver Fern Job Search Visa) and what are English Language, Medical Report and Police Certificate Requirement for Silver Fern Job Search Visa. Now lets have a look at silver fern visa interview questions and answers to few of them.
Before and During Interview:
Note: Don’t try to mug up answers, answer honestly and best up to your knowledge. Case officer can easily judge your false statements. So be wise, polite and honest. When case officer will call you, he/she will ask you any question among following list, I have tried to cover almost all the questions asked so far in Silver Fern Visa Interviews.
Don’t speak loud and fast, speak slowly with lower pitch, so your Case Officer can understand your answers. Your talk with your case officer will not be interrogative, you just need to answer whatever your CO asks you, your CO will enter the information (by typing) you will provide in response to the questions. So just relax and prepare yourself before your interview.
Silver Fern Job Search Visa Interview Questions/Answers
- Your Full Name
- Date Of Birth
- What is your Surname
- Tell me about your family
- Your Father and Mother name
- Brothers and Sisters Details
- Are you married or single.? If married, they might ask – What will your parents and your wife do when you will be there? Answer: You need to answer how your dependent family will survive when you would be away. If you father/mother is doing job you can say they are earning and they can manage their expenses from their salary/pension. If you have elder/younger brother/sister who is working/earning you can say that they all are living together so there won’t be any problem.
- How did you come to know about silver fern?When did you apply for Job Search Visa? Answer: Just say when you heard about Silver Fern, here you can say like I wanted to migrate to New Zealand, so I was going through New Zealand immigration website and in Work related visa I found Silver Fern Job Search Visa. Once I came to know about this visa, I have gathered relevant information and pros and cons about this visa and then I have decided to apply for this visa and further I have submitted my Silver Fern Application on 29th April 2013/2014 successfully.
- Why did you apply for Silver Fern? Answer: Just have a look at Occupation Skill Shortage list for New Zealand and you can give reference of that by saying My occupation is in Skill shortage list there and there are better job opportunities and settlement support I can get in New Zealand, so I have opted to apply for silver fern. Also once getting Silver Fern, I am planning to apply my Residency visa, hence silver would be a stepping stone for me.
- Do and Don’ts of Silver Fern Job Search Visa. Answer: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/silverfern/silverfernjobsearchfaqs.htm
- What if your Visa Expires? Answer: Simply, I will be back.
- Current job Location and Company Name
- Date Of Joining
- Current job Title
- Work Experience (Only months and years)
- What will be your average salary there?: Have a look at average salary guide on – http://www.hays.net.nz/salary-guide/
- What kind of role would you be looking for? Answer for Que 17 and 18: You can say that you have already searched for job on http://www.trademe.co.nz/ and http://www.seek.co.nz/, based on my research and looking at current market It shouldn’t take more than 1 and half months to me start with new job. I am working as “XYZ Position” and there are plenty of job opportunities available of same kind.
- How long will it take you to get a job once you get there?
- What if you don’t get job there?
- What are your future plans?
- What are the documents you have submitted?
- How you are sure that you will get offer?
- Did you contact anyone in NZ for Job offers?
- What is your Plan to get job in NZ?
- Why New Zealand only, and not any other country? Answer: Read the information here http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/ and hopefully you will get few parameters to add into your answer.
- Where you are going to stay? Answer: Tell the city and area name where you will go, if you don’t know anyone there just do proper research about different places and difference of living in varying area, you also should know the rent/expenses in new zealand. You can say I will be living in Wellington/Auckland/Christchurch (say any one), as none of my relative or friend there, I will find accommodation somewhere nearby using http://trademe.co.nz/ and http://gumtree.co.nz/
- When will you leave once you get Visa?
- Have you submitted IELTS? Why you have not submitted IELTS? If IELTS report card is submitted, then date of IELTS Exam
After Interview: Once your interview will over, your CO will ask you to querying, in case you have any doubt you can discuss. Also don’t forget to ask your case officer his/her email address to contact them later.
Once your interview is over, wait for 10 working days. In my case I got my visa approved after 7 days, but few of my friends had to wait about 1 month. So don’t keep emailing/following your case officer, just wait and watch.
Hope above information will help you to attend and answer Silver Fern Interview Question Answers with ease and confidence. Best Luck!