Introduction to Silver Fern Job Search Visa for New Zealand
If you are dreaming of working and living in New Zealand, and you have right skills which is matching with demanding needs in NZ, there is a provision of applying for Silver Fern Job Search Visa for New Zealand. It is a very popular job search scheme, and places are usually taken on the opening day because only 300 Silver Fern Job Search visas are available each year. The 300 places are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. The quota opens on 27 April 2010 (first time) and will be reset on 27 April every year. Silver Fern Job search visa costs $230 NZD, and its subjected to the acceptance of your online application (i.e. If your payment is not done successfully after quota opens, your application is not submitted because quota being fulfilled. So it’s no risk job – You pay for it if you get a place among lucky 300 people from all around the world)
For the year 2013-2014, quota opened on 29 April 2013 at 10:00am (New Zealand time) and was filled within a very short time. I have made payment for my application at 10:08 AM (New Zeland time). You can guess the craze, intensity and magnitude of the interested applicants from this stats.
[Validity] Duration of Silver Fern Job Search work visas
The Silver Fern Job Search visa will be valid for travel for six months from the date it is issued. Once you enter New Zealand, the Silver Fern Job Search visa will allow you to stay for nine months from the date you arrived. You will be able to travel and re-enter New Zealand during this time.
How to Apply Online for Silver Fern Job Search Visa
Applications must be made using the online application system. You will need a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card. This is the only way to pay for your online application. Manual or paper-based applications are not allowed.
Applications will only be accepted by the online system while there are places left. Once the quota is full, the system will not accept applications or process payments. If an application is declined, withdrawn or cancelled, the place will go back into the quota. So there is not any risk of losing money, but its a sheer luck game.
If your application is accepted you will be advised by email and asked to send in further documentation to the appropriate receiving office within three months.
If the documentation is not received within three months, the branch may determine your application without it. No further Silver Fern Job Search work visa applications can be submitted online at this time.
Basic Requirements for Silver Fern Job Search Visa
- Be aged between 20 and 35 years of age (inclusive)
- Be outside New Zealand during application process
- Hold a recognized bachelors degree, higher qualification, or a recognized trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade
- Meet the English language requirements set out for principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category (IELTS level 6.5). Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module. [OR] Also an immigration officer may, on a case by case basis, consider the following as evidence of the principal applicant meeting the minimum standard of English if: they provide evidence that their recognised qualification(s): was gained as a result of a course or courses of study in which English was the only medium of instruction – Read more – http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm
- Have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are in New Zealand. You need to keep this much balance from the date you have produced a bank statement and It should remain intact till you land in New Zealand.
- Not have been previously granted a Silver Fern Job Search visa.
- Qualifications requirements (see below)
The Silver Fern Job Search visa is for highly skilled people with recognized qualifications. You will need to provide a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assessment (either an International Qualification Assessment or a Qualifications Assessment Report) of your qualification, unless one of the following applies.
- Your qualification is on our List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, or
- You have full or provisional registration and your qualification has been assessed by a New Zealand registration authority as being comparable to a New Zealand qualification on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment .
If your qualification is required for employment where occupational registration is required in New Zealand, you must show that you hold, or can obtain, full or provisional registration for that occupation in New Zealand.
Important note: The demand for Silver Fern Job Search visas is exceptionally high. 300 places are available on an annual basis. There are currently no places available under this year’s quota. If you have missed out on a place this year, you can try again next year. But please note that you will not be guaranteed a place, and that places are taken on a first in first served basis.
Every information about Silver Fern Job Search Visa is available at - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/silverfern/jobsearch.htm
Stay tuned for more articles on Silver Fern Job Search Visa. Kindly share your comments/doubts/suggestions in comment section below.