English Language, Medical Report and Police Certificate Requirement for Silver Fern Job Search Visa
We are now aware about what is Silver Fern Job Search Visa and how and where to go for your qualification assessment, have a look at help guide for NZQA Skill Assessment in my previous post. Today we will discuss about the English language requirement, Medical certificate requirement and Police clearance certificate requirement for silver fern visa. These 3 requirements are applicable for other Visa categories like Skilled Migrant Category, Residency etc…
English Language Requirement
NZ Immigration require people to have a reasonable standard of English to ensure they have the best opportunity to settle readily into work and life in New Zealand. Get detailed information about English language requirement visit this page – http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/Englishlanguagerequirements.htm
Note: Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module. Fees for IELTS in India is around INR 9500.
Notwithstanding above, an immigration officer may, on a case by case basis, consider the following as evidence of the principal applicant meeting the minimum standard of English if:
they provide evidence that their recognised qualification(s): was gained as a result of a course or courses of study in which English was the only medium of instruction; and (if that qualification was gained in New Zealand) the qualification had a minimum completion time of at least two years and is at least a bachelor degree or it is a post-graduate qualification and the applicant has an undergraduate qualification that qualifies for points; or
they have current skilled employment in New Zealand for a period of at least 12 months that qualifies for points (see SM7).
My Opinion: For Silver Fern Job Search Visa – You don’t need to submit IELTS report in case your degree is at Level 7 and your medium of study in English, However you need to produce a letter from your college/university stating that your qualification was gained in English language only. In worst case if it is required your Case Officer will ask for it and you will be given enough time to seat for IELTS. Many of the candidates have got their Visa without IELTS. However, I have submitted my IELTS report card as it was ready with me
Medical Certificate Requirement
Getting a Medical Report should be the last thing you need to worry about as it takes around 3-4 days to get report after you submit necessary details to the clinic. Visit this link to get information about Medical Certificate – http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/healthrequirementstemporary.htm
and download following files:
1) General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF at http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/DE431E92-0ADE-4B5F-81F9-18DF08E5B2EA/0/INZ1007.pdf
2) Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096) PDF at http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/4F0B1B69-EDAF-4BF5-B973-566D39BF52D3/0/INZ1096.pdf
Take print out of above forms and fill it as per your understanding, keep blank when in doubt and you can ask about it to your doctor.
Where to go for Medical Report: There is a published country wise list of panel doctors for new zealand who are certified by the NZ Immigration and I recommend you to go to them for your Medical. Search for the doctor nearest you and call them about your status. In India fees for Medical Certificate with Chest X-ray is INR 3000.
Police Clearance Certificate Requirement
Applicants for visas must be of good character. You may have to supply a police certificate (or similar) as evidence of good character, depending on which category you apply under. Police certificates must be less than six months old when the application is lodged.
How to obtain a police clearance certificate, is given on this link country wise -http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/formsandfees/formsandguides/policecertificate/default.htm
Have a look at following sample of PVC which I have obtained in Gujarat, India.
If you are an Indian citizen visit this page -http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/formsandfees/formsandguides/policecertificate/ij/india.htm , you need to apply to the Regional Passport Office of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (this document is called PCC – Police Clearance Certificate) OR the Office of the Deputy Commissioner/Superintendent of Police for the area of your residence (PVC – Police Verification Certificate). The certificate must be the original, bearing the official Ministry Seal.
- Applying and getting PCC will cost you 500Rs while applying and getting PVC doesn’t cost anything unless you pay any tip to the police
1) If you are living in Gujarat, to get PCC you must need to apply for PVC first (PVC is issued by the Office of the Deputy Commissioner/Superintendent of Police for the area of your residence, basically you need to contact your regional Police station to get information about PVC and PCC, there is one form you need to fill-up and you also need to go with one witness). Once you get your PVC you can apply for PCC at your Passport Office Seva Kendra after making an online application at -http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- If you are not living in Gujarat, you can directly visit your regional passport office Seva Kendra.
2) I have only submitted PVC (Police Verification Certificate) issued by my regional police commissionaire and didn’t produced PCC as submitting PVC was suffice as per above information. I didn’t face any problem in lodging my application and getting the Visa.
3) Important: Your PVC or PCC should not have any validity end date mentioned on it. If it is there, NZ Immigration will ask for another certificate without any end date.
Hope now you all are clear on the requirement of English Language, Medical Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate for Silver Fern Job Search Visa to New Zealand. Let me know your doubts, feedback in comment section below.