How to Add Spouse Name in Passport India Online – Application + Form

Posted In India - By Piyush Dungrani On Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 With 17 Comments

If you are Indian and recently got married like me and looking for the procedure/process to include your spouse name in your passport, you are at the right place to know everything about how you can add spouse name in passport by filling an online application form, where to go and which documents needed before you go to passport office.

add spouse name in passport india

- Following is a complete step by step procedure which will guide you throughout the process. Just read each and every information carefully and get the task done.

Procedure to add Spouse Name in Passport in India

Add Spouse Name in Passport India Online Application

Step 1) Open: in internet explorer (being a govt website, it would be working with IE more compared to the other browsers)

Step 2) Click on Register and Select the passport office under jurisdiction of which your present address falls.. (If you have already created an account then simple Log in and move to next step).  Enter the correct details and get registered – Use strong password while registering.

User Registration

Step 3) After Log in, Click on “Apply online for fresh passport or reissue of passport” and you will get two options.

1. [Offline] Download softocopy and upload it after fill up (don’t go by this method).

2. [Online] “Fill the application form online” ( click on the link).

Apply online for fresh passport or reissue of passport

Step 4) Choose “Re-issue of passport” radio  button, check the “Change in Existing Personal Particulars” check box and also check “Add Spouse Name” and rest of the details. Fill the rest of the wizard pages (see following image, there are up to 9 pages which you need to fill up with proper and appropriate details)

Change in Existing Personal Particulars and Add Spouse Name


- After complete all above steps you must have to Submit the application. After submitting the application you have to click on View Saved/Submitted Applications link from Services section.

Step 5) Choose your application and click on “Manage Appointment“. Schedule appointment and reach at relevant passport office on given date and time with fee and required documents.

Manage Appointment

Fee Calculator – As we want to change the spouse name, fee will be Rs 1000 (One thousand)

Fee Calculator

Documents Required -

Following documents you should carry before walk-in to the PSK (passport seva kendra)

  1. 2 Photo copy of your Passport + Original Passport.
  2. 2 recent Passport size photographs.
  3. 2 Photo copy of your Spouse Passport if she/he has.
  4. Marriage Certificate issued by municipality or an equivalent affidavit (click here to download ANNEXURE ‘D’) with supporting evidence as joint photo, marriage card etc. This affidavit is compulsory if your spouse name is changed after the marriage.
  5. Valid address proof of your present residence.
  6. Print out of Online filled form with appointment date and time.

- Hope above information will help you to complete the procedure soon. Your feedback will greatly appreciated.

About - A techie by profession (Intermediate QA Test Analyst) and a part time blogger by choice with knowledge of IT, and SEO, also writes articles on Google, Microsoft, Apple, iPhone, Internet, Blogger, Social Media and windows, Join Facebook Fan Page. Subscribe to MyTechTricks feed via RSS or EMAIL to receive instant updates.

Displaying 17 Comments
Have Your Say

  1. puneet tyagi says:

    nice ……you really made my work easy

  2. Dubai says:

    I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?

  3. belstaff clothes says:

    Thanks for some other magnificent post. Where else may anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal approach of writing?

    I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the search for such information.

  4. bevyonline says:

    Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your posts.

  5. kriss says:

    Thanks for the g8 job its very useful can u do the same for minor passport applicants application also

  6. Sarath says:


    For travelling as dependant is it enough if my passport has Spouse name added as dependant or even vice versa (that is Spouse passport having my name) is also needed?
    Further dow we need to give 2 applications in case we want the spouse name added in both our passports?


  7. Sarath says:


    Is there any need for proof of residence in our name while adding spouse name in passport.. My passport has my permanent address, while my Spouse’s passport has hers.. We live in a different place now.. The electricity bill are in the name of the owner.. All we have is an LPG connection whose papers are in my name.. Will the bill on owner’s name create a problem??

    • @Sarath, Yes you need to attach proof of residence in your application as well as your spouse’s application, as after marriage now she have a new address (your home address). I think LPG connection should do. You must carry your marriage certificate with you whilst visiting passport office. All the document xerox should be true copied.

  8. Sankar says:


    Thanks for you post here it is very usefull,if you guys don’t mind does anyone know how long it will take to get the passport if you apply as normal application.

    • @Sankar, It takes around Month if its require only one address verification. If your spouse has applied for change in passport she will have to face two police verification. 1 at your home address, 2nd at her home address(2nd will require if you have not completed one your after marriage). Hope this helps.

  9. ashwin says:

    awesome answer, it really helped me a lot in re-issue of passport. Thanks for kind information

  10. Jamil says:

    Hello, I have couple of questions. I am living in dubai and want to apply passport for my new born baby. I dont want to do make affidavit from dubai because its a lenghty process. I dont have my spouse name in my passport nor my spouse has my name. I have attested marriage certificate by Mumbai UAE consulate, Maharashtra home department and indian embassy in UAE. I got married in kerala and I dont have home dept attestation from kerala. In such case if I and my spouse visit passport office in kerala with above attestations (without kerala home dept attestation) and with birth certificate (not attested) will be allowed to apply for the minor passport? What would be the fees to do endorsement of spouse name in passport and if I am asked to do attestation of kerala home dept then what would be the fees?

    • @Jamil,As far as I know your Marriage certificate will be OK. What I suggest is apply for all 3 of your passports (you,your wife, son)

      Passport fees now increased to 1500rs and documents required are mentioned on passport India Govt. website. You need to carry all original documents with their 2 attested(true copy marked will suffice) photo copies for each application.

      Hope this helps.

      • Jamil says:

        @Piyush..I & my spouse already have passport, I am asking clarification on documents required to apply for my new born baby. If I apply from Dubai I know what documents required but if I apply from India (in my presence) I need to know what documents are required and attestation formalities on each document.Thanks.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post comment.