Reset iPod Password Without Restoring
How do you reset a forgotten iPod password? Well it’s pretty easy to remove or reset iPod password without restoring your iPod. Before an hour ago i have unlock an old iPod which i was not able to do screen unlock, because of not having password (forgotten password).
Steps to reset iPod Password are as follows:
- Plug in your iPod with Computer. I am presuming that iTunes would be already installed in your computer.
- Go to “My Computer“.
- Go to your iPod’s drive (J drive for me – it can vary computer to computer).
- Go to Tools >> Folder Options >> View Tab >> and check Show Hidden files and folders.
- Make sure you can see all hidden folders after doing above settings.
- After that Open iPod_Control folder.
- Open folder called “Device“.
- And then change file name from _locked, to _unlocked.
– I Hope after following above steps you will not require to enter any password to access your music, photos, videos and contacts.
– By default screen lock would be Off in iPod but if you want to make it On then you can do it from Settings >> Main Menu >> Extras >> Screen Lock and make it On and done.
Note: If above trick doesn’t work for you then, you can try to detect iPod in iTunes in some of your friends PC and try to erase the sync data when asked.
– You can always comment and share your views with us.